[WikiEN-l] Citizendium to launch this week

Sheldon Rampton sheldon at prwatch.org
Mon Mar 26 20:18:01 UTC 2007

Anthony wrote:

> That's not exactly jargon specific to Citizendium.  At pretty much any
> magazine, newspaper, or other publication, authors write articles, and
> editors edit them.  That's plain English, not jargon.

On the other hand, "constables" is jargon (rather unfortunate jargon,
IMHO) that they've coined themselves to replace "admins."

Personally, I wish them well. It would be a great thing if
Citizendium actually succeeds in producing a better free encyclopedia
than Wikipedia -- or even if it just achieves some partial success
that merely illuminates ways Wikipedia itself can improve. Of course
it will take years before Citizendium can hope to match, let alone
surpass Wikipedia. Nevertheless, I look forward to the day when
Wikipedia's great SunGodKing and paternal protector kneels in fealty
before Larry Sanger and acknowledges Sanger's primacy as the one
true, holy and encyclopedic GalacticDietySupremeCommander.