[WikiEN-l] Citizendium to launch this week

Mak makwik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 19:15:56 UTC 2007

Mark Wagner wrote -
"I look forward to seeing what sort of private jargon they wind up
developing -- and if they realize that they've done so.  Initialisms
are the English Wikipedia's jargon."

They've already started their private vocabulary with "editors" versus
"authors". Authors are the commoners, whereas editors are the ones
with advanced degrees. In order to be an editor you're supposed to be
tenure-track in your field and send in a CV. In addition, in order to
"approve" an article, you must not only jump through the hoops of
becoming an editor, you must be somehow certified an "expert" in that
specific topic. It's not clear how specific your expertise has to be.
Looking at the music articles and the music editors (my particular
field of interest), there will not be an approved Citizendium article
on a music topic in quite a long time.