[WikiEN-l] Out of process deletions

Matthew Brown morven at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:13:53 UTC 2007

On 3/26/07, Cary Bass <cbass at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Please don't make assumptions.  The fact that the office has no opinion
> at this time about the article does not earn it a magic "Seal of
> Approval".  It still must qualify based on English Wikipedia standards,
> and, from what I've seen, it fails those.

I think, in fact, that the office (and thus WMF) has no opinion at
this time means only that in the opinion of their legal counsel, no
actions need to be taken to limit the Foundation's legal exposure.

My own personal take is that the only notable thing about this person
is that they are listed among the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers
Association's "20 worst agents".

IF a Wikipedia article is to exist on this person at all, it should
certainly mention that ... distinction ... and I don't see anything
wrong with quoting the SFWA on the matter - in fact, better to have it
in their own words than ours.

On the other hand, is it enough for an article?  Quite possibly not.

-Matt