[WikiEN-l] WP:V, WP:RS, WP:NOR and WP:ATT

Philippe Beaudette philippebeaudette at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 21:03:46 UTC 2007

Jossi,

We all appreciate that a great deal of work went into this.  The problem is, despite all those efforts, people still didn't know.  Jeff didn't know.  I didn't know.  I'm on wiki every day, and think of myself as fairly well informed.  I get Signpost.  I read VP as much as I possibly can.  But I don't read every arb case that's published - why would I?  Why would most of us,  ESPECIALLY non-admins (like myself)?

I can't tell you how many times I see people site V and NOR in discussions, and not once in ANY of those that I saw did anyone mention this.  That alone should tell you that there are well-informed editors that didn't know.

Also, your last paragraph ends with the words "that has not been disputed."  Actually, your premise has been disputed.  By Jimmy.

Philippe