[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia is a work in progress

Sharon, Lois Bram oneelephant at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 17:26:52 UTC 2007

I tried to help improve it, and got attacked.

I'm still deciding whether or not I really want to continue and risk that
again. At the moment, I'm leaning towards not. It doesn't make sense to do
so when people who have the power to cause me so much pain are apparently
completely disrespectful of honest contributors and of the rules that I was
expected to follow.

There are some good and honest people here, there were some very helpful
people who helped me fix things and learn to edit earlier. It's sad that
there are also real jerks who appear to be running wikipedia.

If there is not a level playing field between administrators and normal
users, then there is no point in trying to contribute, and that statement
should be updated to reflect this. I don't think if this is the case that it
will necessarily be better in 6 years, or 60 years, or 600 years either, no
matter what promises someone makes.

[[user:One Elephant went out to play...]]