[WikiEN-l] Anybody want Metaweb / Freebase accounts?

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Wed Jun 27 22:36:13 UTC 2007

Is there anybody here who has a serious interest in accounts on
[[Metaweb]]'s Freebase project? They just gave me another tranche of
them, and there's no sense letting them just sit there.

I think the short description is that they would like to be the
Internet's machine-readable almanac. Where Wikipedia is about prose,
they're about data. For example, they've done some parsing of Wikipedia
extracts on things like movies and albums, so that you can make
database-like queries against that info. So you could build queries to
answer questions like, "What actors has Francis Ford Coppola worked with?"

Right now they're at an early stage, and are mainly looking for
developers who will build Freebase-backed tools and people likely to
spend time actually contributing content. If that's you, please drop me
a line off-list.

Thanks,

William