[WikiEN-l] Attack Site Wars, Episode VII... The Return of the Essjay

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 06:14:42 UTC 2007

Headline on CNN right now is "Poll: War support at new low" do we have an
article of this poll? We write articles on events unless they are notable
enough for the entire year rather than day.

A notable event would be Jimbo deciding to shut down the site (wikipedia)
for example which would IMHO only be notable enough to be mentioned on the
article on [[Wikipedia]]. Probably the coverage would be one or two lines,
max a paragraph. Not a full article, that can be on wikinews (maybe). Essjay
incident however isn't even worth a single line mention on article
namespace.

I also think that Essjay article is in violation of the spirit of "right to
vanish". I do not particularly ''like'' Essjay but this mocking of him even
bothers me. I ask myself this question: "will I be mistreated like him if
circumstances are right?"

    - White Cat