[WikiEN-l] A narrower concept of boldness

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 04:49:15 UTC 2007

Yes, unfortunately, the editor who gets reverted tends not to like it
very much, and generally regards it as the first step in a personally
intended campaign against his honor, and sometimes against his
ethnicity, religion and politics as well.  The more
experienced the person is at Wikipedia, the better they know how to
bite.  The reaction I received as a newbie taught me to stay away from
any subject that I really cared about. I want to edit cooperatively,
but I remember such occurrences as rare highlights. Even in a place
where I've just wandered in to improve things, my first reaction to an
opposing edit is a desire for revenge.

I exaggerate, but only slightly.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.