[WikiEN-l] Changing the AfD process (Was: Re: [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again)

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 23:50:10 UTC 2007

Um, acutally "anyone can edit" i.e. any user can create a new article, is
exactly the reverse side to the right to nominate for deletion. and that's
exactly what it means. nomination for AFD isn't a crazy unilateral power
overload to new users. when new users nominate for deletion for obviously
stupid reasons, it is speedily knocked down (like the last AFD for
Conservapedia). Taking away the right to remove articles is just one step
down the slippery slope of removing the right to create articles...and then
edit articles at all (without meeting some absurd bureaucratic meritocracy
or arbitrary time limit).