[WikiEN-l] Deleting over 45000 items

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 18:04:37 UTC 2007

On 6/21/07, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Brock Weller wrote:
> > The first one made us look silly and the second one made us
> encyclopedic? My
> > earlier post sums this up fairly well.
>
> Changing articles without reading them looks encyclopediac, while changing
> articles after reading them is silly?
>
> No offense, but if that's true, we're better off with silly.

Just to point out that tarring all folk with the same brush is not a good
idea, I was one of those who spoke out in favour of removing most spoiler
tags, but never endorsed automated or autopilotmated (is that a word?)
removals. All removals of spoiler tags which I made were done after reading
the article in question; I personally think a "hunt and destroy without
thinking" approach is horrid for anything other than blatant vandalism and
bad faith editing.

Johnleemk