[WikiEN-l] To have or to have not power -- "giggle," "giggle"

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 19:35:48 UTC 2007

On 6/18/07, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:
> Josh Gordon wrote:
> > If somebody requested a checkuser on you, policy would explicitly allow me
> > to reveal:
> > (a) your use of a large national or multinational ISP, such as AOL, NTL, BT,
> > Telestra
> > (b) the country you're dialing in from
> >
> > Use of a Tor proxy falls into the same sort of category, and has been
> > generally treated that way (as have all open proxies).
>
> I confess that I haven't followed the CharlotteWebb thing closely. Did
> anybody request a CheckUser on them?
>
> Maybe all of my years of being bound by various confidentiality
> agreements has made me more sensitive than most, but it seems to me that
> giving out even apparently harmless information learned about person Y
> when doing a CheckUser on person X would be inappropriate.
>
> Thanks,
>
> William

Yes, in general in privacy agreements giving out information about Y
learned while doing a check on X is not allowed.  That Wikipedia has a
different sort of privacy agreement is a matter of concern for me,
because their privacy policy appears to be written only towards
specifically protecting the privacy of the person who was being
checked.

KP