[WikiEN-l] To have or to have not power -- "giggle," "giggle"

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Mon Jun 18 18:34:05 UTC 2007

Josh Gordon wrote:
> If somebody requested a checkuser on you, policy would explicitly allow me
> to reveal:
> (a) your use of a large national or multinational ISP, such as AOL, NTL, BT,
> Telestra
> (b) the country you're dialing in from
>
> Use of a Tor proxy falls into the same sort of category, and has been
> generally treated that way (as have all open proxies).

I confess that I haven't followed the CharlotteWebb thing closely. Did
anybody request a CheckUser on them?

Maybe all of my years of being bound by various confidentiality
agreements has made me more sensitive than most, but it seems to me that
giving out even apparently harmless information learned about person Y
when doing a CheckUser on person X would be inappropriate.

Thanks,

William