[WikiEN-l] Editing with open proxies

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 18:43:05 UTC 2007

On 18/06/07, jayjg <jayjg99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > So, you use your judgment to make these decisions. That's valid and
> > expected.  CU status is given to those we assume to have good judgment
> > on these sort of issues.
> >
> > But it is exactly your judgment that is in question here:
>
> You have made a logical error; just because you have questioned my
> judgement, it doesn't mean my judgement is in question.

With the best will in the world, I concur with him. Dropping it into
the RFA was really not a very good way of going about it; there are
more tactful ways of doing things that *don't* immediately spark a
polarised, angry, lengthy debate, and make both sides look foolish.

But, no, we got Drama instead. Well, that was a productive use of the
past couple of days for all concerned.

> > I honestly think that you should consider resigning your CU status.
> > Accept responsibility for your own actions. At the very minimum, you
> > should admit an error in judgment.
>
> That's great Rich. You know what? Some people feel the exact opposite.
> And some people feel that the entire atmosphere on this subject has
> been poisoned by some WR trolls. It's nice that the wikien-l list can
> accommodate such a wide spectrum of views.

Way to go. Anyone who doesn't feel you did the right thing is now, we
are assured, Doing The Work Of The Evil That May Not Be Named. Please.

And you wonder why people get twitchy?

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk