[WikiEN-l] Question for Jay and Slim: Checking EXISTING admins for open proxy use

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Sun Jun 17 15:41:08 UTC 2007

On 17 Jun 2007 at 14:43:36 +0000, "Fred Bauder"
<fredbaud at waterwiki.info> wrote:
[rewrapped malformatted long line in accordance with RFC 2822]
> We do not engage, as an organization, in the harassment of valued
> contributors. Thus whether administrators are using open proxies
> is not an appropriate subject for investigation.

So it was wrong of Jayjg to bring it up with regard to a prospective
administrator in their RfA?

> In addition, the
> focus of attention on Jayjg and Slim Virgin is wholly
> inappropriate. If they have overstepped with respect to this
> issue, they can be depended on to adjust their behavior.

"Just trust them", in other words?

Is it your position that those two, by virtue of being part of a
powerful clique here, are absolutely immune to any scrutiny or
accountability except whatever they might apply introspectively to
themselves?

--
== Dan ==