[WikiEN-l] [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Fri Jun 15 03:27:28 UTC 2007

Tony Sidaway wrote:

>On 6/15/07, Slim Virgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> There have been various suggestions in the past. (1) That only admins
>>
>>be allowed to edit policy pages, and we could extend that to BLP
>>issues, which would include BLP AfDs; (2) same as (1) but using a
>>minimum edit count rather than adminship; (3) that only users willing
>>to identify themselves be allowed to be edit BLPs or decide on BLP
>>deletions or policies. I do think it's time we started discussing
>>these options seriously.
>>

>I do think it might help a bit.  The number of editors who take part
>in policy discussions and process pages is relatively low in any case.

That's not because we attach no importance to it.  It's because the
whole experience is so mind-numbing, and it conflicts with the time that
people want to spend making real contributions to real articles.

I would rather wait until I'm directly affected before opening a
discussion on these policy points.

Ec