[WikiEN-l] Changing the AfD process (Was: Re: [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again)

James Farrar james.farrar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 01:26:05 UTC 2007

On 14/06/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> James Farrar wrote:
> > On 14/06/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> >> And naturally it's gone as a result of what looks to me like a rather
> >> messy process.
> >>
> >> The 14th AfD just closed.
> >
> > That says a lot. Why should the 14th AfD be any different from all the
> > other AfDs?
>
> And furthermore, the article's been around since September 2005 so that
> means on average it's gone up for AfD roughly every 1.3 months. Some
> sort of rate limit would be nice.

I agree. A four month moratorium following a "Keep", or two months
after a "no consensus" seems plenty to me. Maybe 6 and 3 respectively.

The other change I'd really like to see to the AfD process is that,
following a "Keep" result, there should be a presumption against
deletion in further AfDs, with the preferred remedy (if remedy proves
necessary) being restoration to the version of the article that was
Kept. Otherwise, you get silly situations like this where people keep
going and going until they eventually get the result they want.