[WikiEN-l] [[Daniel Brandt]] is gone again

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 09:06:12 UTC 2007

On 6/14/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Why is it that seven other Wikipedias are apparently "trustworthy"
> enough to have articles about Daniel Brandt but the English Wikipedia
> can't have anything more than a redirect, if that? What if we were to
> translate one of those other articles and put it here on en?

I was wondering the same thing. Nobody's complained about the
following entries, to name two:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Nigger_Association_of_America
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encyclopædia_Dramatica

Of course everybody could register screen names on those wikis the
moment they read this message, and mob their way to AFD (or whatever
those wikis have — cynically, I can see this actually happening).

But... you would probably soon be fingered and blocked as
puppet/single-purpose accounts, which would not really be an unfair
assessment, whether you know how to say "non-notable, delete" in a
dozen languages or not.

I mean, think about it. Imagine if the same sort of thing happened here.

—C.W.