[WikiEN-l] Privacy rating for Wikipedia

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:18:48 UTC 2007

On 11/06/07, Cheney Shill <halliburton_shill at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Mathias Schindler <mathias.schindler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It's time to confess, some of my friends are Googlers and
> > yes, I talk
> > to them as well. As a Wikimedian, I belong to a group
> > that owns Google stocks.
>
> Thanks for your honesty.  I was serious about the true
> Wikipedian stamp.  I don't consider using Google or Gmail a
> conflict of interest; there are no shortage of other search
> engines and free email accounts.  The stock holding group
> is a concern.  An independent mutual fund is uncontrollable
> for the most part and not a concern.  A group your actively
> participating in and have influence in is.

The group in question - "As a Wikimedian, I belong to a group..." is,
in fact, us. As of this time last year, we owned 187 shares in Google
- they were a donation from someone in 2005-6.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/foundation/2/28/Wikimedia_2006_fs.pdf

"The Organization's investments are comprised of 187 shares of Google
common stock which are carried at fair value using quoted market
prices in accordance with SFAS No. 124, Accounting for Certain
Investments Held by Not-for-Profit Organizations."

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk