[WikiEN-l] Privacy rating for Wikipedia

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 18:02:52 UTC 2007

On 6/11/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/06/07, Cheney Shill <halliburton_shill at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > I asked them for further information. So far, I am
> > > unconvinced about their methodology.
> >
> > And you deserve a true Wikipedian stamp for asking, even if
> > you work for Google, own stock in Google, or work for an
> > organization that is paid by Google, in which case you
> > really should mention that now and hand off your data
> > collection efforts to someone that's not a shill.
>
> Is your normal conversational style to start off by accusing your
> correspondent of having malicious and dubious motives? For goodness'
> sake...

The only connection evident to me is that (along with Cheney Shill)
the original questioner was using Gmail.

Mr/Ms Shill, there is a grey area between being a provocative gadfly
and mere trolldom.  That was on the far side of grey into trolling.  I
am all for encouraging gadflys on this list; I am also all for
removing trolls.  You generally behave yourself better than that.  If
you stop behaving yourself, you will probably find yourself moderated
or dropped from the list, and I will shed no tears.

Disclaimer: I am also a happy customer of Gmail's free service,
despite having had my own domains for 15+ years.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com