[WikiEN-l] Bus Uncle is a FA?

K P kpbotany at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 05:16:34 UTC 2007

On 6/7/07, Matthew Brown <morven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/7/07, K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:
> > FAC is a time-consuming process, and it requires a lot of concentrated
> > work on the part of various editors.  Things slip through that
> > shouldn't.  This obviously shouldn't have.  Also, FAR is a
> > time-consuming process.  Maybe acting unilaterally and just removing
> > it was a good thing.
>
> I don't think it's that it accidentally slipped through; rather, it
> slipped through because FAC explicitly does not make value judgments
> on the suitability of a subject.  Non-actionable objections may be
> ignored, after all, and 'Get a better subject matter' is not
> actionable.
>
> -Matt

I don't at all think the article is crummy because of its subject
matter.  I am the one FAC editor, although an irregular one at best,
who ruthlessly supports funky culturally unique and ala mode articles.
 I save obscure pop artists from deletion, and help editors who are
working to bring pop culture articles up to snuff--and I'm good at it.

This is an area, along with small biographies, that Wikipedia can
excel in, and own the market.  I want pop culture articles to be among
our very best--that's why I was so cruel in my evaluation of the
article, because I care about the topic.

The subject matter is, imo, absolutely perfect.  It's the angle and
style that sucks.

KP