[WikiEN-l] A narrower concept of boldness

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Thu Jun 7 19:14:19 UTC 2007

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Phil Sandifer wrote:
> It sounds like you're trying to find a way to mechanically apply IAR.
>
> Don't do that.

I don't want to mechanically apply things.  But IAR is my only defense
against other people who do.  It needs to be worded well enough to be useful
for this purpose.  And it really isn't; in the name of keeping it short,
we've put in a loophole a mile wide, and anyone who wants to use it against a
rules lawyer has much more trouble than if it was worded better.