[WikiEN-l] Nominations for deletion, too short, not trivia

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 16:18:43 UTC 2007

On 05/06/07, K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm, I know, it seems incredibly stupid that NOMINATING something for
> deletion would make an editor think you wanted it deleted.  It's
> amazing what morons pass for Wikipedia editors Articles FOR
> Deletion--and people go around thinking it FOR deleting articles.
> It's just stunning.  Simply stunning.

My problem is that you complain about deletionists, about people who
want solely to delete articles, and then the example you cite is
someone saying "uh, might be worth keeping, I dunno". Not quite the
hardline KILLITALL sort of person...

...or is simply even contemplating bringing an article to AFD viewed
as the act of some kind of crazed deletionist vandal now? If so, I
think this polarisation has gone on a bit too long.

You might want to pick less silly-sounding examples, is all.

(AFD, incidentally, is so named because it used to be Votes For
Deletion, and that was felt silly. Have the other *FDs stopped being
"- for deletion" now? Maybe we should call it "article inclusion
discussions", or somesuch)

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk