[WikiEN-l] Nominations for deletion, too short, not trivia

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 07:53:39 UTC 2007

On 6/6/07, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/0
> This is just *stupid*. This is what putting something up for deletion
> is *for* - saying "This article may be deleted, please look at it and
> give your opinion" - and there is no more effective way to do it than
> AFD, for all its faults. I have no idea why you believe someone needs
> to be personally prejudiced towards deleting the article in order to
> raise this question

It's a really annoying habit. There are genuinely articles that should
be deleted out there. And plenty of others that aren't, but were
nominated for crappy reasons. Nominating articles apparently at
random, just to give AfD'ers something to think about is just creating
work for everyone, with little benefit.

If you're not sure whether an article should exist, use {{nn}} or
something and start a discussion on the talk page. Nominating for AfD
is saying "This should be deleted, all in favour?!" Not for "What do
people think?"

Steve