[WikiEN-l] A narrower concept of boldness

geni geniice at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 16:14:31 UTC 2007

On 6/7/07, John Lee <johnleemk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Huh? Then why do we have IAR in the first place? Citing it is terribly
> useful when confronted with people who follow policies to the letter without
> using their good judgment.
>
> Johnleemk

Ok you are trying to defend something that appears to violate policy.
There are three options:
1)You are a competent rule lawyer and decide to use this fact.- You
show how what you've done doesn't technically break policy (even if
you had to take the Square root of a negative number to do it)
2) You are an incompetent rule lawyer.- You cite IAR
3)You are not a rule lawyer or decide you don't want to rule lawyer.-
You make a solid logical evidence based case as to why in this case
going against policy is the correct thing to do. You may wish to bring
more people into the debate.

--
geni