[WikiEN-l] A narrower concept of boldness

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 07:29:18 UTC 2007

On 07/06/07, Tony Sidaway <tonysidaway at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/7/07, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> > You should see the crap people have tried to pull with IAR. Would I be
> > right in guessing off the tp of my head that the people trying to make
> > "be bold" more timid have previously failed to add subclauses and
> > riders to IAR?

> Ignore all rules regularly fills up with useless encrustations of
> rubbish and needs emptying out.  You too can help with this.  The only
> wording you need is  that it's Wikipedia policy and it goes something
> like "If the rules stop you improving Wikipedia, ignore them."  Just
> toss all the rest out.

I preferred the blank version, myself. Possibly a category link to
Wikipedia policy.

(I started a straw poll on whether all Wikipedia policy pages should
be blanked, in order to reduce confusion, figuring a 7-3
[[WP:CONSENSUS]] on a talk page was probably enough to swing it. But
it was removed. Bah!)

- d.