[WikiEN-l] Bus Uncle

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Jun 6 18:39:20 UTC 2007

Joe Szilagyi wrote:

>For that matter, it's curiously wrong, isn't it, that any one sole person
>(Raul) gets to be final arbiter of what is and isn't FA quality? Why is
>every other aspect of WP driven upwards from the community, but he is sole
>person there?

That really depends on how much importance you attach to FA status.  I
don't care if anything that I do ever reaches FA status; it has no
bearing on what or how I edit.  I consider the Featured Article a nice
PR link from the Main Page for visitors.  The role that Raul has taken
on does need a certain amount of management to ensure that there is a
constant supply of fresh material.  If there is a better way of managing
this it should probably be discussed among those who are regularly involved.

Ec