[WikiEN-l] BJAODN restored again

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 18:30:18 UTC 2007

On 6/6/07, Angela Anuszewski <angela.anuszewski at gmail.com> wrote:
> If that was the way the copyrights worked, if they choose Wikipedia as
> the medium to publish what they have written, then they chose to
> accept that as the byline. You don't submit what you don't expect
> others to rewrite, anyway.

GFDL section 4.B expresses the requirement to list "as authors, one or
more persons or entities responsible for authorship of the
modifications in the Modified Version, together with at least five of
the principal authors of the Document (all of its principal authors,
if it has fewer than five), unless they release you from this
requirement."

This has nothing to do with whether or not work will be modified.

If an article has been edited primarily by me, Tom, Dick, Harry, and
68.39.174.238, I would expect distributed copies to reflect this
credit (because that's what the GFDL says) unless the five of us have
each explicitly waived our rights under this license.

—C.W.