[WikiEN-l] pics from le Bourget

Skyring skyring at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 01:45:11 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Vaguely heading back towards topic, I am actually in the market for a
> DSLR (to take photos for wikipedia, of course!), but $3500 USD would
> be a tad out of my price range :) I'm thinking the [[Pentax K10D]].

A DSLR is my next step, and I'm thinking Canon400D or similar. But a camera
that size needs a bag for protection and carriage of accessories, as well as
a reasonably stout tripod. It all gets a bit hard to carry, and you tend to
use it on planned shoots, rather than spur of the moment shots.

I've got a little pocket Canon A710 IS, 7MP and 6x zoom, which is great for
just about anything: http://www.flickr.com/photos/skyring/463879801/

My main camera is a Canon S2 IS, 6MP and 12x, but that needs a bag to carry
it around. The flip out LCD screen makes shooting from odd angles easy. And
the zoom lets me get in close when I need to:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skyring/177589472/in/set-1834594/

Both cameras (and a Canon A60) have contributed their fair share to WP:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:IwoJimaMemArlington.JPG

The standard of photographs on WP has gotten higher over the years I've been
here. The Featured Pictures page is always a source of wonder and delight.

--
Peter in Canberra