[WikiEN-l] [name of rouge adnim here]

Guy Chapman aka JzG guy.chapman at spamcop.net
Sun Jun 3 18:17:41 UTC 2007

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:08:40 -0400, "The Cunctator"
<cunctator at gmail.com> wrote:

>Whether or not the justification was a crock, his unilateral action was a
>blatant power trip.

You think.  Me, I think it might have been exactly as stated: OK,
let's finally grab this tiger by the tail.  I applaud the effort,
because all attempts to MfD this shit get [[WP:ILIKEIT]] snowballs,
however good the rationale.

Three substantive problems with BJAODN as-is:

* egregious BLP violations ("Jimmy Doe is a retard")
* GFDL violations
* glorification of juvenile vandalism.

The fourth, lesser problem is that approximately 90% of it is so
unfunny or so unoriginal that reading anything much after the original
BJAODN page will quickly cause you to lose the will to live.

As long as everything that goes in is GFDL and BLP compliant, and can
be removed without edit war by any editor who gives a half-decent
reason, there shouldn't be an issue.

But, as with the "Sandboxians", there is an underlying worry that some
people are more concerned with this kind of meta-crap than with the
encyclopaedia.

Guy (JzG)
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk