[WikiEN-l] [name of rouge adnim here]

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 3 17:31:33 UTC 2007

geni wrote:
> On 6/3/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> And as several of us have been saying over and over, the GFDL vio is not
>> "clear" in this case and for much of the material can be rectified with
>> a little more work.
>>

> Your problem appears to be that you don't know the GFDL that well.
> Therefor you missed the relivant loophole.

Excuse me, but I've been a quiet but steady campaigner against "merge
and delete" AfDs for years now. I am well aware of the GFDL problems
inherent in copy and pasting things from one page to another. In this case:

*The excerpts are generally short enough that fair use can be plausibly
claimed.
*For many of them the original authorship can still be recovered.

So no, it is definitely not clear. The fact that I'm disagreeing with
you doesn't necessarily imply that I'm ignorant, that's a pretty basic
logical fallacy.