[WikiEN-l] Jeffrey O. Gustafson Joke and other deleted cruft

Gabe Johnson gjzilla at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 21:45:13 UTC 2007

On 6/2/07, K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Users here complain about the cruft being every pokeman card having
> its own page, but there's a lot of nonencylopediac cruft on Wikipedia,
> and things like this deleted page are a major part of it, imo.  There
> are users who join to create cruft like this, and don't user page also
> show up in search engine results?  I think Wikipedia is overly lax on
> crap pages created by users, what encyclopediac purpose do pages of
> this sort serve?  They really weren't even that funny, and there's
> never been an original one.
>
> KP

Community building. I remember after [[Wikipedia:Esperanza]] got
deleted, I almost left Wikipedia. It's the stuff that keeps some
people coming back and contributing. After all, it is a volunteer
organization.

(Actually, Esperanza was the reason I really got started on Wikipedia,
but that's another story.) ~~~~

--
Absolute Power
C^7rr8p£5 ab£$^u7£%y