[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia's a job?

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Fri Jun 1 19:41:53 UTC 2007

phoebe ayers wrote:
> This whole thing makes me incredibly sad. Making a unilateral decision to
> delete some of the oldest pages relating to Wikipedia culture, which was
> completely ignorable if you didn't like it, and which many people loved?

I feel the same way.

It seems to me that a full dump, some Perl magic, and a fair bit of
processing time would be enough to find a lot of the proper
attributions. I may even do it myself.

If I do that (which won't be for a couple of weeks at the earliest), the
main barrier seems to be that the public dumps are unlikely to include
all the edits from deleted pages. As an admin, is there some dump I can
get that has all those deleted edits?

I'd probably just want to send it straight to S3/EC2, so that I can
parallelize the job.

Thanks,

William