[WikiEN-l] Fair use issues; we need serious help

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 09:50:51 UTC 2007

On 7/22/07, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Actually, those conditions seem pretty reasonable and in tune with
> existing policy to me. But it allows album covers, book covers, all
> manner of screenshot, exactly the sorts of things that have recently
> become subjects of contention. So I'm not sure where the conflict lies here.

Getting the 2-3 sentances to be about the media in question. Most
articles on albums do not talk about the album covers. Dito
bookcovers. Screenshots may be slightly better but still people tend
to include them without talking about them (for example the comment on
[[Image:Ebay-homepage.png]] appears to be 3 words).

--
geni