[WikiEN-l] Proposed {{prod}} for articles with no sources

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Jul 18 09:16:43 UTC 2007

Giggy wrote:

>The proposal only requires one source.  It doesn't take 30 days to find
>that.  I seriously doubt that if this proposal goes ahead, any article that
>actually passes [[WP:V]] will be deleted in it, because all of them will be
>cited by someone who's watching them (at some stage)

If it's so easy to do why can't the people pushing this proposal just
find one.  Either they're too goddamn lazy to do it themselves, or they
are insisting that the original contributor do it just to be dicks.

It gets very tiresome when a gang of nitwits insists on sources that
they don't understand, just for the sake of having sources.  These guys
might as well use their personal stack of comic books as references for
any random article.

There are at least two librarians posting to this list, and both have
supported cautious and informed views about handling these issues.

If those who are mad with the power of deletion took a little time to
fix these articles the encyclopedia would get better faster.  The
already constructive editors would also be able to do more because they
wouldn't need to spend half of their time looking over their shoulder to
see what the immature are trying to delete next.

Ec