[WikiEN-l] No "list of X" article unless there's already a good "X" article

Zoney zoney.ie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 13:28:13 UTC 2007

On 15/07/07, Daniel P. B. Smith <wikipedia2006 at dpbsmith.com> wrote:

> I wish there were widespread general consensus that there should not
> be a "list of X" article unless there is already a high-quality
> article on the topic of "X." And the list should begin as a section
> within the "X" article and should not be broken out until it becomes
> unmanageably long.

For some topics, I would suggest that there shouldn't be a need for a list
within the main article (except perhaps as summary), or a list article.
Instead the content should be arranged as sections and paragraphs, e.g.
going through things chronologically or such. In other words, an
encyclopaedia article rather than a trivia look-up chart.

Zoney
--
~()____) This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...