[WikiEN-l] Ref./Sources Tags

John Lee johnleemk at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 02:24:29 UTC 2007

On 7/13/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:

> > On 12/07/07, Mak <makwik at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Be bold in removing cleanup tags! If the article is cleaned up, it no
> longer
> >> needs the tag. If the person who placed it disagrees with your removal,
> they
> >> can replace it. Administrators should not have extra editorial rights,
> so it
> >> makes no sense to wait for one to remove a cleanup tag.
> >
> on 7/12/07 4:46 PM, David Gerard at dgerard at gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > Yep. Admins tend to be experienced editors, but the two are not
> > synonymous - "administrator" is a janitorial post, not an editorial
> > one.
> >

> > - d.
>
> Thanks, David. But what about a case where I add some information to a
> fairly large Article that contains the "unreferenced" tag, include the
> source of the information I added, but the remainder of the Article may
> contain other material that is unsourced?

Replace it with the {{more sources}} tag, I think. I find articles which use
{{unreferenced}} despite having references very irritating, because
{{unreferenced}} is only for totally unsourced articles. It's especially
annoying on articles with a lot of references, but one or two totally
unreferenced (And sometimes just sparsely referenced) sections.

Johnleemk