[WikiEN-l] Fred Bauder "clarifies" on attack site link policy

Mark Gallagher fuddlemark at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 12:00:21 UTC 2007

G'day Joe,

> Is there any reason why everyone exclusively focuses on Wikipedia Review in
> this tired debate, but never once mentions Wikitruth.info, Conservapedia,
> and Free Republic, which are freely linked to across Wikipedia, and also
> feature outing content?

Why doesn't anyone give a damn about Wikitruth?  Maybe you should ask
them why, despite their best efforts, they remain irrelevant.  I suspect
the answer will be enlightening, or at least giggle-worthy.

Conservapedia isn't an attack site.  It's a rival "encyclopaedia" set up
to protest the idea that a global project may not represent extreme
right American values.  It's irrelevant, too.  We might have a giggle at
its expense from time-to-time, but I don't know that we actually rue its
existence, as such.

Unlike the other two, Free Republic is actually worth paying attention
to, if you swing that way (I don't[0]).  I don't see why Wikipedians
should cower in fear from it, though.

Now, what sayest thou on that slimy mud hole, that wretched hive of scum
and villainy, WikiAbuse?

[0] I lost interest in echo chambers back in my 'blogging days, and I
     certainly have no time for right-wing variants of same.

--
Mark Gallagher
"'Yes, sir,' said Jeeves in a low, cold voice, as if he had been bitten