[WikiEN-l] Schools again

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 03:10:03 UTC 2007

On 7/8/07, Guy Chapman aka JzG <guy.chapman at spamcop.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:02:28 -0600, "C.J. Croy" <cjcroy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >The current status quo evolved from deletionists going on rampages and
> >indiscriminately purging school articles.
>
> And there was I thinking it resulted from militant inclusionists
> stating as an article of faith that "all schools are inherently
> notable" and refusing to accept any compromise whatsoever.  Shows what
> I know.

As one of the inclusionists willing to compromise on this issue, I
object to that.  There were plenty enough people in the middle for a
compromise to work.  The rhetoric from the extremist-seeming
deletionists sunk the various compromise attempts time and time again.

We'd have long-had a standard that if you can't write a good article,
you merge it into a city/town/school district article by now if you
all hadn't polarized it so much.  That compromise came under far more
attack from the deletionists than the inclusionists.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com