[WikiEN-l] The Register decries Wikipedia's "censorship" via OTRS

Rory Stolzenberg rory096 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 00:19:10 UTC 2007

On 7/7/07, Daniel R. Tobias <dan at tobias.name> wrote:

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/06/wikipedia_otrs_volunteers/
>
> They're criticizing the fact that the [[Lava lamp]] article got blanked
> out for a lengthy period
> due to an unexplained "OTRS ticket".
>
> Those OTRS and WP:OFFICE actions, though sometimes necessary for legal
> reasons, can
> be rather frustrating when articles are blanked out without explanation.
> Dan
> Dan's Web Tips: http://webtips.dan.info/
> Dan's Mail Format Site: http://mailformat.dan.info/
> Dan's Domain Site: http://domains.dan.info/

We should at least have some sort of substub about the subject so readers
can at least see SOMETHING. I find it difficult to believe that something
like "lava lamps are lamps with heated wax inside" would be controversial,
though http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lava_lamp&oldid=139811701was
reverted, so I guess there must be something odd in this case.