[WikiEN-l] My favorite Wikipedia article ever

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Jul 7 13:14:07 UTC 2007

On 7/6/07, K P <kpbotany at gmail.com> wrote:
> Here's an article about a crash that didn't happen, to two planes on
> two different runways, although apparently one is in the take-off line
> of the other, where there were no injuries or damages to either
> aircraft that didn't crash into each other, with speculation about a
> controller error, and no NTSB report yet issued.
>
> I love Wikipedia, Britannica eat your hear out.
>
> Republic Airlines flight 4912 & SkyWest Airlines flight 5741

How common is this type of situation?  Are there any other article on
similar situations?

Add a diagram, and merge and redirect with [[runway incursion]]?  The
article does provide a useful description of what seems to be
accurately described as a severe runway incursion (someone with more
knowledge of the terminology feel free to correct).  I found it
interesting to that extent.

Hmm, thinking more about this it is also a good example of the use of
[[AMASS]].  If someone is reading about AMASS, and clicks on [[SkyWest
Airlines flight 5741]] for an example, would they prefer to be linked
to an article this particular incident, or to an article on [[runway
incursion]]?  Probably the former.

I think I'd say keep, or else merge and redirect with [[runway
incursion]].  Outright deletion would seriously detract from the
encyclopedia for those who want to know more about [[AMASS]] and/or
[[runway incursion]]s.

Anthony