[WikiEN-l] FredBauder"clarifies"onattackkkkk site link policy

The Mangoe the.mangoe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 04:28:06 UTC 2007

On 7/2/07, Slim Virgin <slimvirgin at gmail.com> wrote:
> All our policies and practices are blunt instruments in the wrong
> hands. They need to be applied with common sense.

Well, all our policies ARE in the wrong hands. Wikipedia, after all,
is also "the encyclopedia whose policies may be interpreted and acted
upon by anyone."

The NYT case is excessive; but it only sticks out because IAR steps in
and says that nobody can take erasing all links to the NYT seriously.
It's OK to erase links to any crticial site because people can say
these sites are bad and get away with it. In the case of TNH the story
that her blog was an attack site couldn't be seriously sustained-- but
it didn't stop someone from trying.