[WikiEN-l] Anybody want Metaweb / Freebase accounts?

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 12:26:23 UTC 2007

On 28/06/07, cohesion <cohesion at sleepyhead.org> wrote:
> On 6/27/07, William Pietri <william at scissor.com> wrote:
> > Lesson learned, though; I'll avoid mentioning such things on-list in the
> > future. Sorry for the trouble.
> >
> > William
>
> Personally, this is obviously very related to wikipedia, and
> interesting. That's the only things I would like to see in this list.
> :) There are a lot more threads much less interesting than this one...
> It's not like freebase is asking for money or anything, which would be
> a little weird.

Yeah, it struck me as pretty exciting. It covers one of the remaining
major niches of "knowledge" - we don't have on WMF projects - a place
set up to handle statistical data. Wikipedia understandably frowns on
bare lists of figures unless they're an embellishment to articles;
Wikisource won't take it unless it's part of an identifiably published
work.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk