[WikiEN-l] Freedom of Speech in WP

Marc Riddell michaeldavid86 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 30 17:06:32 UTC 2007

on 1/30/07 11:24 AM, charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com at
charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com wrote:

> That I would like to treat Wikipedians I encounter on the site as colleagues,
> and to be so treated by them. Is there any particular epithet or slur you feel
> ought to be allowed, as helping in this?

Perhaps I should have said this in my original post: I am not here to argue
with anyone about anything, or to advance a particular agenda. I have been
doing minor editing in WP for a year now and, time permitting, would like to
participate more actively in the project. And, like anything a person is
considering becoming a part of, I want to get a sense of its beliefs and
values.

My work and passion has been, is now, and probably always will be, persons
and their interactions. That is why this issue is so important to me.

And, as always, I¹m learning.

Marc