[WikiEN-l] "Articles that do not cite reliable published sources will be deleted."

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Jan 29 08:03:46 UTC 2007

Cheney Shill wrote:

>--- Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
>

>>Cheney Shill wrote:
>>

>>>Interesting, but policy is policy, not your opinion or
>>>consensus, both of which you have no NPOV reliable sources
>>>

>>>for.  Besides this discussion is with regard to articles
>>>that are completely uncited.  In other words, you're
>>>providing a false dilemma.  It's not about citing every
>>>last fact or deleting the article.  It's about getting
>>>substantial ("significant") reliable sources cited, as is
>>>

>>>clearly and repeatedly stated in policy and guidelines.
>>>

>>Oh please!  Consensus guides policy, not the other way
>>around which would be wikilawyering.
>>

>And how do we determine what the present consensus is?  You
>gave no citations to reliable sources.  Are you arguing
>that the stated policy is not consensus?  If so, where is
>this consensus and why isn't it in policy?  Could you point
>us to where it says consensus is absolute and
>non-negotiable?

Many stated policies are not the result of a wide consensus because most
people don't get involved in policies.  These policies are the domain of
people who enjoy writing policy.  The rest of us have useful things to
do with our time.  Very few people are active in the policy pages.  The
participants are the proposer and those few who happened to notice.

Ec