[WikiEN-l] "Articles that do not cite reliable published sources will be deleted."

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Sun Jan 28 03:09:14 UTC 2007

Cheney Shill wrote:
> --- Delirium <delirium at hackish.org> wrote:
>

>> Cheney Shill wrote:
>>

>> In practice, yes, if:
>> 1) The information looks likely to be correct; and
>>

> Problem is that's subjective.  How does one determine what
> is or is not likely?

Of course---the entire process of writing an encyclopedia requires some
amount of human intelligence, which is why we've gone out and gotten
people to work on it.  Whether to delete an unreferenced
article-in-progress or leave it to be improved is a subjective decision
weighing the pros and cons of each.  Actually, this is true even of
referenced articles, since it takes very little effort to construct a
completely misleading---but referenced---article.

-Mark