[WikiEN-l] Nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Thu Jan 25 16:25:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Matt R wrote:
> > [[WP:FAC]]. Sourcing disputes are a more or less constant din - both
> > with articles that are accurate being taken to task for not being
> > well-sourced enough (This has become a pernicous flavor of
> > deletionism in the past year or so) and with articles that are
> > complete shit getting a pass because they have sources, even if the
> > sources are bollocks.
>
> Even for the best policies and guidelines, there'll always be some people who
> try to abuse, wikilawyer, or generally twist them to their own ends. NPOV
> disputes are more or less a constant din, too, but that's no reason to nuke
> NPOV.

While all policies can be abused, some are easier to abuse than others.
Some are even attractive nuisances.

WP:CITE and WP:RS are unreasonably easy to abuse, and should be fixed so they
are less so.  Just because they cannot be perfect doesn't mean we should
leave gaping flaws in them.

Of course, we don't really need to nuke them, just fix them.