[WikiEN-l] Nuke [[WP:CITE]] and [[WP:RS]]

MacGyverMagic/Mgm macgyvermagic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 13:13:35 UTC 2007

On 1/25/07, Omegatron <omegatron+wikienl at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/25/07, Matt R <matt_crypto at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > The same holds for RS and CITE: they don't magically guarantee quality
> by
> > themselves, but they are great tools for doing so if not abused.
>

> But they are only used for abuse.  A simple sentence or two in WP:V and a
> dose of consensus is sufficient.

That's simply not true. I use them to show people how sources are important
to show information is accurate. Citing reliable sources is the only way to
show readers the content of an article is accurate and accuracy should be
our primary concern. If you know of other ways to verify content, I'm all
ears.

Mgm