[WikiEN-l] The downside of creating perfect articles

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Jan 25 01:54:48 UTC 2007

Jeff Raymond wrote:

>Angela wrote:
>

>>On 1/24/07, dmehkeri at swi.com <dmehkeri at swi.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Always Leave Something Undone used to be a Rule To Consider, didn't it.
>>>

>>Yes, but it got {{rejected}}.
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Always_leave_something_undone
>>

>I will say, though, feedback has gotten to be the most frustrating
>experience I have.  My tendency of late has been to edit articles that few
>are interested in.  It took a really contentious FAC to get feedback on
>one FA I eventually finished up, and only because the three people who
>were so great to me during that process were great to me this time that
>another article I'm working on for FA has gotten any outside feedback.  I
>doubt it's just me, but if your areas of interest aren't in the
>mainstream, it's a constant struggle to even find someone to check your
>grammar, let alone improve something.
>
>Peer review is fairly close to a waste, GA doesn't really review much of
>anything, and FAC is the only place I've ever gotten decent feedback from
>a group, and that's not what FAC is for.  Extremely frustrating.

While feedback is nice, and sometimes you would like the intellectual
stimulation of having some points challenged it can also be a question
of how much you expect out of your writing.  It is evidently important
for you to bring an article into feature status, but I prefer to move on
when I'm satisfied with what I've done.  I can leave bringing an article
to that status to others.

Ec