[WikiEN-l] The downside of creating perfect articles

Jeff Raymond jeff.raymond at internationalhouseofbacon.com
Thu Jan 25 00:14:53 UTC 2007

Angela wrote:
> On 1/24/07, dmehkeri at swi.com <dmehkeri at swi.com> wrote:
>
>> Always Leave Something Undone used to be a Rule To Consider, didn't it.
>
> Yes, but it got {{rejected}}.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Always_leave_something_undone

I will say, though, feedback has gotten to be the most frustrating
experience I have.  My tendency of late has been to edit articles that few
are interested in.  It took a really contentious FAC to get feedback on
one FA I eventually finished up, and only because the three people who
were so great to me during that process were great to me this time that
another article I'm working on for FA has gotten any outside feedback.  I
doubt it's just me, but if your areas of interest aren't in the
mainstream, it's a constant struggle to even find someone to check your
grammar, let alone improve something.

Peer review is fairly close to a waste, GA doesn't really review much of
anything, and FAC is the only place I've ever gotten decent feedback from
a group, and that's not what FAC is for.  Extremely frustrating.

I don't know the answer to this, by the way, but if anyone's had any
better luck, I'd love to hear it.

-Jeff
--
If you can read this, I'm not at home.