[WikiEN-l] Microsoft asks for NPOVing of OOXML articles

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 19:41:21 UTC 2007

http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2007/01/an_interesting_offer.html

Note that the person writing that appears entirely on the level, by
the way. Heck, he posted openly about Microsoft asking him about it.

Personally, I've found getting NPOV on [[OpenOffice.org]] a goddamn
nightmare, and I'm a fan. There's something about open-source and
free-software related articles that attracts REALLY OBNOXIOUS
partisans, who don't understand NPOV and don't care - they see
Wikipedia as another platform for advocacy. [[Internet Explorer]] is a
carefully written NPOV article, most free-software articles have
fallen entirely to the advocates. This is a bad thing.

If you want to check editing on the subjects, by the way, please
remember not to bite the newbies!

- d.